This website may earn money from qualifying product recommendations in this well-researched article.
Anyone with curly hair has received at least one comment from someone that said “Wow, your hair is so beautiful and wavy, I wish mine was like that!” and the only response they can make is to stare at them tiredly for they know not the struggle that is having curly hair.
Shine? Hard to get. Brushing? Hell. Humidity? The literal death of you.
Despair not, however, for we at Buzzcut Guide have scoured the deepest parts of the internet in order to find you the best deals so you can keep your hair silky and healthy looking without losing any of your natural (or supernatural, even) bounce.
If you’re having trouble keeping your hair free from frizz or from looking dry, know that your natural enemy is one of the most common cleansing agents in many cosmetic products and household cleaners: sulfates.
Shampoos and conditioners are also one of their natural hanging spots, as many popular brands use them to help their product lather and remove oil and dirt effectively from your scalp.
These chemicals are not only drying, but have also been found to remove color from dyes and treatments, and are prone to make your hair more frizzy. However, as they are cheap, they can be hard to avoid if you’re trying not to break the bank and still give your hair the moisture it so much deserves and needs.
Therefore, despair not, for we have the best solutions for you just below! These will work both in textured hair and normal curly hair, but be sure to check out some of the reviews if you’re worried about your particular hair type.
Best conditioners for curly hair
If your hair is curly you have for sure heard of the life-saving magic that is coconut oil. This Maui Moisture Curl Quench + Coconut Oil builds on that with papaya butter and plumeria extract to deliver some of the softest curls you have ever experience.~
Free from silicone and made with lots of natural ingredients, this is a great solution if you’re struggling with dry and frizzy hair, but they have a large line of products that will for sure cater to your particular needs.
- Curl-defining coconut oil frizz conditioner
- DE-FRIZZ and DEFINE CURLS: This 13-fluid ounce bottle of Maui Moisture Curl...
- CURLY HAIR CARE: Ideal for tight curls, the anti-frizz conditioner is safe for...
This option is great if you are looking for a natural and cruelty free option that is just a little bit more fancy. If you’ve never heard of marula oil, allow us to be your guide – marula is a fruit that grows in southern Africa and the oil extracted from its seeds and husk has great benefits for your hair and face, as it is very nourishing and rich in protein.
This best conditioner for curly hair is also easily absorbed and does not weigh on your hair, which, when mixed with coconut oil, delivers flowy, hydrated curls that, while they may come from your mother’s side, will definitively be not your mother’s.
- Contains (1) 16 Ounce bottle of Not Your Mother's Naturals Coconut Milk &...
- High moisture to help nourish and condition all hair types
- Deeply conditions, smooths and invigorates hair without any harsh chemicals
If you are looking for more elasticity for your hair, as well as volume, then look no further than the Hairfinity Balanced Moisture Conditioner. If your hair is thin it will also provide a much needed boost to your curls.
While this option is a bit pricier, it is enriched with collagen, keratin, jojoba oil and biotin to provide strength to your strands, and its sulfate and silicone free formula will not let you down.
- Sulfate and silicone free restorative vitamin enriched conditioner. Powerful...
- Collagen, Keratin, Jojoba Oil, Biotin, Coconut Oil and Honey help revitalize...
- Hydrating and volumizing formulas promote moisture rich healing, reduce flaking...
Briogeo has definitely found popularity with a lot of top tier beauty influencers, who swear by its products, and in the short time of its existence it has definitively exploded into the beauty and hair scene.
Their curly hair option, with shea butter and rice amino acids will quench the thirstiest of curls and define every single one of your hair’s natural curves.
- CURLED AND CONDITIONED: The Curl Charisma Rice Amino + Shea Curl Defining...
- NATURAL PERFORMANCE INGREDIENTS: This curl defining conditioner nourishes and...
- ADDITIVE AND CRUELTY-FREE: Briogeo is proud to say that Curl Charisma Rice Amino...
If you are getting pretty tired of the cheaper options only having coconut oil, then this definitely one of the best conditioner for curly hair!
Featuring shea butter, a well-known moisturizing natural ingredient, Cantu’s Hydrating Cream Conditioner comes available in many sizes, but their largest tub will surely appease the slimmest of wallets.
Get the best bang for your buck here:
- Repairs split ends and minimizes breakage.
- Helps hair retain natural oils to produce beautiful shine.
- Provides intense moisture for dry, brittle, or color-treated hair.
If you’re trying to get the most bang for your buck, this is the product for you, as it has no silicones, sulfates or parabens, and comes in a very large bottle that is sure to last a long time.
People with natural and textured hair swear by this coconut-scented option as being both cheap and effective, so don’t miss out on this bargain!
This affordable option is known as a staple if you typically shop at the drugstore, with many swearing by its properties.
With Jamaican Black Castor Oil, an ingredient that strengthens and defines your curls, and with properties that make your hair grow – or so old wives tales tell – this is definitely the choice for the indecisive.
- Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil is a reparative rinse-out hair...
- Rinse-out conditioner is perfect for those who regularly straighten, perm or...
- This hair cleansing conditioner is formulated with Jamaican Black Castor Oil and...
Have you tried any of the conditioners for curly hair we talked about in this article? What did you think about them?
Share your experience below with our community and leave us with your own suggestions for the best conditioners for curly hair!
Amazon prices were last updated on 2022-05-22 from Amazon Product Advertising API.