This website may earn money from qualifying product recommendations in this well-researched article.
With so many barber clippers on the market today, choosing the best tool is a tedious task. Don’t worry, we’re here to save your time. We did a little research and bring you a list with the best barber clippers. So here are our top 5 barber clippers.
Note: we also compared home-use to pro clippers. Read about it here!
We cannot talk about the best barber clippers without mentioning the Philips Norelco 7100 hair clipper – the tool that provides the ultimate performance. What we have here is a clipper that perfectly combines cordless power, turbo boost and Lithium-ion battery. It comes with an adjustable comb and titanium blades for all the lengths you need.
These clippers have a 4.2 out of 5-star rating on Amazon. Out of all the customers who have bought this product, more than 60% have given it 5 stars. Why do people love this clipper so much? Read their reviews here.
They have got:
- Double-sharpened cutting element with reduced friction;
- The titanium blades are self-sharpening and extremely durable;
- The clippers have 23 length settings for you to choose from;
- After one hour of charging, the battery provides up to two hours cordless power;
- Turbo power button that boosts cutting speed;
- The blades don’t need oiling.
Weakness: not for thick hair.
This is the model that outperforms standard rechargeable Wahl clippers by increasing the run time up to two times. It’s perfect for trimming or a full haircut, and the precision edged self-sharpening blades make this clipper ideal for details and touch-ups. Its body is contoured, which makes it comfortable for use. Thanks to the lithium battery technology, this Wahl clipper can be fully charged in three hours and quick charged in 15 minutes.
This product has 4.3 out of 5-star rating on Amazon. Out of all the customers who have bought it, more than 60% have given it 5 stars. Check out some of the features:
- Contoured shape, detail trimmer, and precision-edged self-sharpening blades;
- Easily cut thick hair with 50% more power in comparison with standard Wahl hair clippers;
- Impressive performance;
- Comes with many accessories, like multi-cut clipper, 14 cutting comb guides, ear tapers, ear and eyebrow trim guides, styling comb and blade guard, to name a few.
This hair clipper the power cut through dry and wet hair, as well as facial hair. It features sharp blades which are angled at 45 degrees, cordless capabilities and various accessories. These hair clippers are the perfect choice for you, especially if your haircuts are easy and fast to complete.
This product has 4.2 out of 5-star rating on Amazon. Out of all the customers who have bought it, 60% have given it 5 stars. The features include:
- 45 degrees stainless steel blades with dry/wet performance;
- Ten precision settings for ideal hair length;
- It can be used cordless;
- Masculine and ergonomic design;
- 100% washable – cleaning is done under running water;
- A full charge powers the clippers for up to 50 minutes.
Weakness: lack of included accessories.
Andis Promotor Combo is one of the best barber clippers currently on the market because it features plenty of different accessories that aren’t included in other hair cutting sets and it also provides more power than its competitive products. This product has a rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars on Amazon.
Out of all the customers who have bought it, over 50% have given it 5 stars. Check out the features of the Andis Promotor Combo:
- Powerful pivot motor that cuts through thick and wet hair;
- Contoured housing so you can hold the clippers for longer periods of time;
- Adjustable blades, so you can get as close of a haircut as you want;
- It comes with 27 accessories, including eight clipper attachment combs, blending tool, ear tapers, stainless steel shears, tapered barber comb, cleaning brush, lubricating oil and storage case, to name a few;
- Lightweight and stainless steel design.
Weakness: the clipper is not cordless.
For an alternative Andis clipper (that is actually super popular), have a look at our full review of the Andis Master Clipper here.
In every list of the best barber clippers is featured an Oster model. The Oster Power Line clipper is one of the most powerful clippers. It’s the ultimate barber tool proven to stand up to use for many years. Those who bought this clipper love it for its lasting durability, heavy-duty performance and powerful motor. It’s no wonder why the Power Line clipper from Oster is one of the most popular, durable, reliable and highly acclaimed clippers among barbers worldwide.
This product has a rating of 4.5 out of 5-star rating on Amazon. Out of all the customers who have bought it, over 70% have given it 5 stars. Here are the features:
- Powerful and single speed universal motor ideal for heavy-duty use;
- Includes accessories like blade guard, clipper grease, cleaning brush, and lubricating oil;
- Detachable blades in sizes 00000 and 1;
- 9 ft. power cord;
- Break-resistant and ultra-durable housing;
- Works wonders with beards, moustaches, sideburns.
Weakness: the clipper is not cordless.
That’s our list of best barber clippers currently on the market. Now, choosing the best of the best is not easy, but if I have to select just one model, it would be the Andis Promotor Combo. This model had me at “27 items are included in the set”. Now, it’s not cordless, but it’s a powerful tool and offers numerous accessories.
If you’re looking for some of the more expensive models, be sure to check our best hair clippers page where we have a number of professional clippers listed and reviewed.