This website may earn money from qualifying product recommendations in this well-researched article.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re styling your hair at home or you’re thinking of becoming a salon professional; buying the best hair trimmer for men is highly important.
There are plenty of hair trimmer products currently on the market, so buying the best one can be a daunting task. They differ in attachment options, speed, cordless vs. corded, pro vs. home use, and so on. We’ve reviewed the best quality, best value, most affordable and most popular hair trimmers, so it’s up to you to choose which one you think is best hair trimmer for men.
If you’d prefer to have a look at our selection of pubic hair trimmers (we know you do …) have a look at the dedicated post on this topic.
The Philips Norelco QC5580/40 is a battery powered hair clipper that makes cutting very easy since the battery needs less than an hour to charge and the razor doesn’t need oiling. It’s ideal type of hair trimmer for different types of grooming as it contains both a balding razor and an adjustable hair razor. Moreover, it has a swiveling head, so cutting around the ears has never been easier.
There is one issue with this trimmer as pointed out in the reviews. Click here to read them!
The QC5580/40 has an Amazon rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars. Following are the features:
- A balding razor and an adjustable razor great for multiple types of grooming;
- Swiveling head for more convenient performance;
- Powerful battery that delivers cordless use that lasts for an hour;
- Self-sharpening stainless steel blades;
- 14 length settings from 0mm to 15mm;
- Precision comb perfect for a short buzz style.
Weakness: trimming guards are a bit thin.
With this Panasonic trimmer you’re getting a ton of quality, value and versatility. The quality stainless steel blades cut your hair cleanly and smoothly, giving you a haircut with the right length.
The Amazon rating is 3.9 out of 5 stars. Check out the features:
- Includes ER224S trimmer, blade oil, AC charger and cleaning brush;
- Clean up with running water;
- Stainless steel hypo-allergenic blades;
- Sliding detail trimmer for shaping and edging;
- 14 settings length;
- It’s cordless – movement flexibility.
Weakness: the cutting head isn’t at the frontmost position.
Oster has been in the hair trimmer business for almost a century, so we can’t talk about the best hair trimmer for men without mentioning this company. We present you Oster Fast Feed, quiet professional trimmer with a powerful pivot motor which is twice as powerful as a magnetic motor trimmer. You can read more than a thousand reviews on Amazon where the rating is 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Following are the features:
- The kit includes 4 guide combs, a cleaning brush, blade oil and blade guard;
- Suitable for everyone as it cuts through different types of hair;
- Sharp blades which are well spaced-out;
- 12 amp pivot motor that provides more power than magnet motors;
- Ergonomic design for easy cutting.
Weakness: leaves straggler hairs.
This professional grade hair trimmer gives ultra smooth and powerful cutting for a high quality finish. It has Japanese steel blades with a unique sharp cutting angle for effortless and smooth cutting. The lithium-ion technology gives sustained power performance at low charge levels.
This hair trimmer has a 4.5 rating on Amazon. Following are the features:
- Super sharp precision engineered blades for effortless and smooth cutting;
- Grades 1-8;
- 8 clipper cutting glades;
- The kit contains 1 clipper, 8 comb guides, scissors, cleaning brush, barbers comb, adaptor, oil, storage case;
- Right and left ear taper comb guides.
Weakness: gets hot fast.
Every list of best hair trimmers for men includes a Wahl product. Wahl is a company that makes top notch trimmers and clippers for home use at a reasonable price. What we have here is Wahl 79300-400, a haircutting kit designed for cutting hair and trimming up beard and mustache. More than 5,000 customers reviewed this product on Amazon where the rating is 4.5 out of 5 stars.
This trimmer has lots of useful features for an affordable price. Click here to check what this price is right now on Amazon.
- 20 piece haircutting kit;
- Every comb is in different color and color codes on the handle;
- Precision ground self-sharpening carbon steel blades;
- 12 color coded combs of different sizes;
- Ergonomic design for more convenient and comfortable use;
- Perfect for head and body grooming.
Weakness: it’s loud.
6. Andis 63695
Andis 63965 is another professional grade hair trimmer that’s silent, yet very powerful. Its motor is heavy-duty and includes ceramic blades that don’t heat up at all. It works with all Andis CeramicEdge and UltraEdge blades. It has a great Amazon rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars. It’s 10% smaller and 20% lighter than previous Andis models. Here are the features:
- Rust resistant and ultra strong ceramic edges;
- Powerful and reliable rotary motor that prolongs the use;
- The motor is permanently lubricated and well-insulated which makes it amazingly quiet;
- Converts to a cordless clipper;
- The kit includes rechargeable clipper, CeramicEdge blade, clipper oil, 7 black plastic attachment combs, charging base, and storage case.
Weakness: the guards are a little on the sharp side.
We understand that a hair trimmer is a personal product that you don’t want to accept a poor performance from. So that’s why we brought you the best hair trimmers for men and let you decide which one you think is best for you.